Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Create Floor Plans Other than MP1593

KenBanks private msg quote post Address this user
I know this might not be the best place to post a question like this but everyone here seems to be in the same business so I'm hopeful someone can give me so good ideas or suggestions. I own a business that tailors to real estate marketing like many of you here. We are trying to figure out a way to create floor plans in a way other than using the Matterport camera. Many agents only want floor plans and photos which we try to provide but currently we are using the MP camera and then sending out the OBJ and links to a 3rd party company. In order to be competitive in our market, our margins are next to nothing when we have to do this unless we use interns to do the scanning however there are a ton of reasons Im not happy with that. Number one, that's just wear and tear on the camera and there are still some questions as to the life of the camera so maximizing the use of it is imperative. Also having just a floor plan soak up one of my models per month is ridiculous.
Does anyone know of some other type of "mindless technology" thats as user friendly as Matterport that is used to measure and create floor plans?? Using a laser measure and graphing paper is just too tedious and not always accurate.
Any suggestions that anyone can provide is much appreciated!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@KenBanks

This Matterport 3rd Party Solutions Directory - curated by We Get Around - also includes floor plan creations tools that do not require a Matterport Spaces scan.

It's likely MUG Members have a favorite solution for what you are asking. Look for comments over the next few days here.

And, thank you for joining the MUG Forum Community.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
KenBanks private msg quote post Address this user
@Dan

Thanks Dan!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@KenBanks Using an iPad or iPhone you can scan the room with the "MagicPlan" ios app. I don't think it'll be as accurate as a Matterport scan conversion, but then again the Matterport isn't 100% accurate either.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
@KenBanks Using an iPad or iPhone you can scan the room with the "MagicPlan" ios app. I don't think it'll be as accurate as a Matterport scan conversion, but then again the Matterport isn't 100% accurate either.

Bear in mind... it probably takes about the same amount of time to use the "MagicPlan" app than it does to do the Matterport scan.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Do the scan and get Petra at BlueSketch to do it for 30$. Can't beat that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?