Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Down Under: Matterpeeps in Australia156

Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all, seems as though Australian users are growing quite rapidly...as Aussies we face a heap of problems that you will encounter in the not too distant if you haven't already. These issues include things like Showcase loading times (seemingly worse at night/daytime US) the inability for tours to be easily accessed through links on major portals on mobiles and apps just to name a couple. Please post AUSTRALIAN related issues/concerns here for discussion.
Post 1 IP   flag post
We have made contact with realestate.com.au, Domain and even squiiz about allowing for virtual tours from mobiles and apps but never got anywhere. I have been informed that REA have had a Matterport camera for quite some time now. The logical reason for this not being easily accessible from the native apps/mobiles is due to the fact the tours are still not well supported on ALL devices. We have found workarounds but hopefully it won't be long...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kracka60 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Tim

How many cameras do you know of here in Australia?

I know the guys at Scann3d have them, apparently one on the
Gold coast and your ones.

I havent seen any issues as yet except for my upload speed which I think is more the ADSL2 in our area.

Would be great to have an Aussie based server BUT cant see that happening any time soon

Kal
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hey Kal, we have 5. Not sure how many the scann3d lads have at the moment. There is another in SA and 2 in Perth. More cameras than work I'd think. She's gonna get pretty loose in the near future I think. After watching many enter the fray and being skeptical I would have to say we are trying to look at the positives of awareness. What is you business/company called? Do you have a website?

Cheers, Tim.
Post 4 IP   flag post
😳
Post 5 IP   flag post
See what happens when ya give a bloke too much power...😜
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi Tim

Lol - was wondering what happened to my post :P

Company name will be "3D Smart Scan" after weeks of trying to come up with a name that is relevant. wasnt easy.
Website is next on the agenda.

The guys at Scann3d said there was a company on the coast called Space3D or similar but I havent been able to find them.

5x wow - do you have work all the time for them and have you had any issues with them?

Kal
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cool. Yeah they said that but I reckon that's the guy in Perth. I couldn't find them on the Goldy either. We have had times where cameras have been working simultaneously but rare, hence the diversification. Like I said earlier, the more awareness out there the better!
Post 8 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
This is the first person I found using matterport thought it may help y'all. Is this one of you?
http://www.spacescan.com.au/

Alex
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yeah, that's the one of the guys on the west coast...very cool stuff.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys. I'm the guy from the goldy. The company is 3DSpaces. Nice too see more MP peeps. Was getting lonely there for a while with just scann3d, spacescan and myself.

Until the time that the market is saturated and you have a another MP photographer in your neighborhood we shouldn't worry about competition. We need as much product awareness as possible. It's awesome tech and we need to push it till it hopefully becomes the norm.

Would love to catch-up to discuss your experiences, prices, marketing etc.

Marcel
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hey mate. Funny, because when we went public mid last last year we only thought it was us and scann3d...I agree, perceived competition in this field will only be a good thing for everybody.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Yeah it's always hard to tell based on internet searches. Myself and spacescan have had our camera over a year now.

I must say I was blown away when finding this site how many MP people there are around the world.
Post 13 IP   flag post
For sure. Well we are just about available 24 hours a day since we started working with our overseas counterparts...I haven't slept properly in a long time. Always down for a chat via Skype or phone though...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Sorry still trying to get my head around this site. What do you mean 'working with..'?
Post 15 IP   flag post
We have been busy making iPad Video Demos for Matterport users all over the world. Orders typically come through in the middle of the night.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hi Marcel

Would love to catch up and have a chat. You guys have got a great website.

Ill pm you my mobile number.

Kal
Post 17 IP   flag post
Naz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

This is Naz from Melbourne. I am currently contracting at Realestate.com.au and i have had access to Matterport camera. I have ordered my own Matterport and waiting for it to be delivered. Happy to connect with you all.

Cheers
Naz
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hey Naz! Good to meet you.

Contracting to rea in what capacity may I ask? Any feedback you can give us regarding rea and this tech?

Marcel
Post 19 IP   flag post
Welcome Naz! Great to have another Aussie on the forum...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thanks Marcel and Tim.

@ Marcel , i am contracting in the Technology space and also member of the REA Virtual Reality Guild where i got to play with Matterport.

REA has been experimenting with Matterport for quite sometime now. Not sure what the future plans are though.

@Tim your service is awesome. I would like to use it once i start my own scanning.

Cheers
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Naz wonder if REA will include the virtual tour link in the native mobile apps. Thats a serious issue for us.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Hi Naz

Kal from Brisbane and welcome to the Matterport family as well.

Exciting times ahead for all of us!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Thanks Kal :-)

@ Marcel I am not sure if there is any inhouse development happening for the native app support. I'l talk to the relevant guys and find out.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Alexander private msg quote post Address this user
Hey there Aussies!
My name's Alexander Ramsey and I'm from SCANN3D, I thought I otta chime in and see how everyone down under is doing.

If you have any questions, let me know, we're currently working to push the implementation of 3D Showcases on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au, very exciting to see so many Matterport users popping up, I look forward to meeting you all.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Welcome!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Hey Alex. Good to meet you.

Great news about REA and domain. I assume you will be pushing the Matterport 3D showcases directly and not showcases wrapped in your Scann3d interface? Cause that would be a serious problem for the rest of the community
Post 27 IP   flag post
Alexander private msg quote post Address this user
Our end goal is to work with the portals to change the implementation level of 3D content, for example 3D Showcases taking a high priority on a listing similar to video today, the process will still just involve inputting whatever content you want into the "Virtual Inspection" section on the portals CMS, whether it be a matterport player or your own api.
Post 28 IP   flag post
A post originally by Dan in another thread...

http://uploadvr.com/the-vr-den-australias-first-dedicated-virtual-reality-exploration-and-development-space-to-open-this-month/
Post 29 IP   flag post
Go Aussie!

http://3dprint.com/53286/gizmo-3d-printers-fastest/
Post 30 IP   flag post
101268 121 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?