Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceScans

How much Black is acceptable?1557

Cabrahams private msg quote post Address this user
I consider myself "somewhat" of a perfectionist. When it comes to delivering a product to a client I always want the best. That being said, I wanted to see what others considered to be a reasonable amount of black (I realize 0% is the ideal), in the models.

For example, in many instances I'll have the little side edge of a window frame displaying black. I would like it to be absolutely perfect but many times (like my latest model), I'll go back in, re-adjust the markings for that window, wait the 4-5 hours for it to go back up to the cloud only to see that it didn't do a thing.

As I don't look at other models it's hard to say.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=rf7uJw19tza

Thanks,

Charlie
Post 1 IP   flag post
frazier3d private msg quote post Address this user
I think your scan looks really great. I do recommend resetting your starting point though so that it showcases your main living space to start the tour. Or, if you like the dollhouse view, use that as your starting point. You don't have to use the front door as your starting point if that's not the best view of the house.
Post 2 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, when i started i left some black spaces in my scans. Doesn't look good. Now i scan around every corner, table, desk. Whatever space turns up black in the preview i place the camera and scan again. This is the only way to make a perfect Showcase. All the scans that i don't need in the final precentation i hide, do not delete and everything is picture perfect.

Happy scanning,
Grtz Rene.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thx for responding. Believe me, I have not been known to "under-scan" by any means. In fact quite the opposite. However, the windows (meaning really the trim), are never 100% completely black free for some reason.

In many instances for example even when I scan right around the window it barely resonates on the back end model that I'm creating. I have to light up the window based on furniture placement.

Anyway, I guess I will release this model to the client. It's pretty good as it is I guess?
Post 4 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
your right, i also don't know why this happens.
But your scan looks very good. So no problems there.

Grtz Rene.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Okay thanks. Again, just want to be sending the very best.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I have learned to try and avoid it at all costs - but it's just unavoidable sometimes.

When you trim around your windows, do you have the red line cutting into what actually looks like the last part of the wall where it begins to get fuzzy or do you just trim the spray only and leave the fuzzy areas? Hope that makes sense
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?