Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketingStrategy

Is MP better than Google's "See Inside"1541

BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Covience me MP is better than Google's "See Inside"

How do I over come this obstacle? A potential client wants a tour(s) but wants it accessible thru the Google search.

Potential Client's Concerns:

Are your tours compatible with Googles restrictions? When we searched Black Wing (a prior VR tour I shot [not a MP]) , the “see inside” was not available for a Google search.

With Google consuming the majority of the search engine traffic we would want it accessible thru the Google search.

What should I say??????
Post 1 IP   flag post
ny360east private msg quote post Address this user
if you are also a Google Trusted Photographer, you can provide both. If not, you can sub out the Google tour. Where are you located?
Post 2 IP   flag post
It is for a firearms retailer and we are going to barter so I can get some new "toys" so subcontracting is not doable.

I still may almost be a Google Trusted Photographer. I did all the training a few years back but HATED their process so I never finish as, at that time, I was using Kolor Autopano and Panotour which was a lot more intuitive.

I'm vested in MP and want them to use that, not Google. That is why I post the question.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I will work with you if you want. You can shoot the panos, and i will moderate and publish for you. Let me know..
Post 4 IP   flag post
I still want to try to persuade them onto the MP platform.

If it come to make or break then I will consider your offer.

So I still need some help on this topic!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes, i would def persuad them on the MP. But businesses love the "see inside". Cant get that from MP. MP is better for their website embed, and a Google tour is better for their Google listing. They are 2 different products. Let me know..
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Here´s what I use when countering questions around how we compare to Google business view:

There are a number of advantages to our immersive presentations compared to google;

Our presentation is not based on a few panorama photographs and does not have blurry transitions

We actually scan the entire space capturing all geometry creating a 3D model of the space

We also capture hundreds of photographs in multiple exposures that are applied to the 3D model as texture

The end product is not only a walk through but an interactive floor plan and a dollhouse allowing the user to see the entire space from an elevated view before "diving in" at any point of interest

As we have geometry we can produce unique 3D floor plans and 2D floor plans with measurements

As we have a 3D model rather then merely panoramas we can produce a teaser video to promote your space on social media etc
Post 7 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianM
One other added point is that the Matterport 3D model is a better tool for insurance documentation of the business. Depending on your location, things we bring up with business owners are for flooding, earthquakes, fires, the 3D model shows a before the business in an "as is" document. This also gives you resale point as the business updates its lay out you come back and update the model. This can be at a discount depending on what needs to be updated. Just another angle we use.

Ron
Post 8 IP   flag post
correct, i am not saying a Google tour is better at all. The Google tour is only better for Google Search, as it adds a "see inside" to your business listing. In this case, the customer actually requested the Google product, so why try and change his mind and push him into something else? Give him the best of both worlds. A google tour to optimize his Google presence, and a MP tour for embed. win, win. you get paid twice and the customer is happy because you not only gave him what he wanted, but exceeded his expectations by providing MP tour as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Wouldn't it be nice if Matterport allowed an export feature to export the panos in Google format ... or if Matterport established itself as a trusted Google Business photographer agency...
Post 10 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360, I think this would be great and just an additional tool for us to use. We can only hope they are trying to work with Google.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101429 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?