Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvice

Could it have been better?1531

GertJan private msg quote post Address this user
I've done this scan last Friday just before the presentation of this OBV (Outside Broadcast Van) to the public. I wish the vehicle was presented in a more open space.

I've tried removing the surrounding environment for a more cleaner dollhouse but that did not work. Would there be a better way to get a more clean dollhouse?

Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gert,

I'm wondering why your trim didn't work... Are you sure you reuploaded your model after adding the trim lines? If so, I'm wondering if it didn't trim because some active scan positions are outside the trim lines. I would try disabling 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21 and 22 OR move the trim lines outside of all scans.

Those are just ideas, I'm not sure of the result. If any of these work, just be aware you will have to redo everything you've done in workshop (tags, snapshots, highlight reel), and the URL will also change.

Matt
Post 2 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Gertjan
great job. looks impressive. The thing is to get a good dollhouse image you need to scan every single place in the space. Our blockout spaces that you wont want to be visable.
I don't think ther is much else we can do. Rhe thing is what the camera doesn't see will turn up black. i had the same thing a couple of jobs ago scanning a big supermarket. Had to scan around every single corner and made almodt a second walk tru to scan every rhing on top of the foodstands because the showed up as long small black holes.

Grtz Rene.
Post 3 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
I would echo the same feedback with trimming and understanding anytime you see black areas, the space needs more scans/data.

Scan, scan and over scan. Upload, review in the workshop and turn off (not delete) the scan points you don't want. The more scans/data you provide the software to mesh together the better the coloring will fill in the black areas rendering a better tour.

This also gives you plenty of scan points to create a clean line you want for the tour/journey in the space you scanned while getting the best dollhouse and even floor plan possible.

Lots of styles, techniques and best practices out there. You'll find your own as you start to see better results that you want to provide your clients.
Post 4 IP   flag post
iGor private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Gert!
If I understand you want to keep only the car, and the rest cut. To do this: to create a duplicate iPad, remove the points that are not included in the machine zone (14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21 and 22).
Be sure to remove the point. Otherwise, if you hide them after processing in the server, the zone will be visible, they scanned.
Post 5 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Really awesome the Play sequence!
Post 6 IP   flag post
GertJan private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your feedback guys!

I've made a copy of the model and removed the scans that were outside the trim before uploading. That seems to do the trick to get a better and cleaner dollhouse. Now if I could only trim the ceiling to trim the assets like lighting spots hanging there + the ceiling itself.

The customer already liked the previous scan but this one is better, imo.

Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?