Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyCamerasNewbiesProblems

My order for Matterport 3D camera1434

RossCo private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,
I placed an order for the camera on Friday, March 11th and when checking on the status yesterday was still in pending status even though money was deducted from my account so I submitted a ticket with them and more than 24 hours later I receive an email response that camera is currently on 10 business day backorder at least?!?!

I would typically expect to be notified of something like this when placing the order or at least an email notification upon ordering. So my questions are:

1. Is this the type of customer support to expect when using Matterport Services/Tech Support needed? Is there no way to speak to a representative?

2. Has anyone been through the same thing and do they have any advice? I am needing now to choose to have overnight shipping added but worried about moving to the back of the line and feel that Matterport should cover the costs of expedited shipping actually since i wasn't advised up front of any delays. I believe that I have seen Dan refer to dealing with your Matterport Rep but have had no such luck getting in touch with any Rep from them at all.

Thanks in advance...this has been a very helpful forum in getting info needed to make my decision!!

Ross
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
You should pick up the phone and call them if you are having an issue. I have found MP very accommodating with answering questions when I ordered my camera.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Ross,

Customer support has been (so far, and for me at least) very good and responsive.

I did receive an email last week saying that they were close to being backorder and they were expected delays in delivery.
I don't know if I am allowed to copy/paste the email, but basically this sums it up.

It did state that the credit card will not be billed until the camera ships. They do check if the funds are available though... Try to get a hold of them, I am sure they will sort it out for you. You're in good hands.

Cheers,
Matt
Post 3 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Just like Matt said, the funds will be on hold status until the camera ships out. 10 days back order is nothing compared to the 5 weeks I had to wait to get my camera over a year ago.
The demand is definitely picking up so they can't keep up with orders now. Do you have jobs booked that you require the camera today?
Post 4 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @RossCo,

I got the same email today. I also ordered the same day.

I'm not sure what to say other than know you're not alone.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yeah, but I can push the jobs...not the best idea on my part to start in on the offering until I had the camera in hand but I'm a startup with other products and this was a nice value add that I've followed since Matterport's inception. I was surprised to see that funds had been withdrawn though...and that I had to file a ticket to get the info as I still haven't received a blast email notification of any sort. I have called multiple times but yet to get any call back...basically just wanting to change to overnight delivery but we'll see. All I get is Voicemail when calling the 650-641-2241 and the 650-437-6159. Anyways appreciate the feedback and feel a bit better...just would be nice to get a person on the phone at some point.
Post 6 IP   flag post
*Update*
I did get a callback and was able to get switched to expedited shipping...Matterport Rep was very helpful and I feel much better about the whole deal...thanks again for the responses!
Post 7 IP   flag post
wfantini private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys. Did you all get your cameras? I'm about to order one and was curious about delivery turnaround time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
candy4me private msg quote post Address this user
wow, Id called them last week Tuesday and they were backordered for 3 days. Getting busy over there
Post 9 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Candy4Me,

3 days is great. About a month ago it was 7 - 10 days.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?