Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
I'm starting to build an operator's list. Anyone got any suggestions? (Or maybe this has already been done somewhere?) I'm thinking of a few categories. As in...

Ask:
* Any pools or hot tubs in this scan? (If so, possible to cover/uncover if necessary?)
* Will you be there, or do I need a key code?

Do:
* Make sure fans are off
* Make sure lights are on
* Make sure doors are open/closed as you want them
* Make sure blinds are open/closed as you want them
* Lower toilet seats!
* Turn on things that add ambiance but don't affect scan (gas fireplace)
* Delete any scans that don't align properly, even if app says they're ok.
* Mark mirrors as soon as you see them!!
* Remember to mark windows!
* When marking mirrors/windows, covering too much is better than not enough. Also, make sure your mark is on the camera side of the surface.

Tips:
* When having alignment problems, try shooting both high and low at each position.
* In areas without clearly distinctive features (especially long uninterrupted walls), break up the expanse with plants or furniture.

Tell client:
* Stage the house as you want it. (Trash in cans, dirty laundry, general messes, etc.)
* The fewer people around when I scan, the better!

Things to take:
* Matterport, iPad, both chargers, iPad
* Promo misc to leave behind
* Disto
* Door stops
* Tape measure
* Camera(s)

What else????
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Put toilet seats down, haha. I put this specifically on my checklist because I forgot to do it a couple times and it's just one of those little things that drivea me crazy...
Post 2 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Good one, CLE3D. Adding it!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I recall a post about misalignment errors also coming from wifi. Say you're in an apartment or townhouse community there could be heavy wifi traffic in area. Supposedly turning off the clients wifi helped a member finish a shoot by reducing wifi noise.

I personally still believe in turning off a/c or heat in vacant homes when alignment errors pop up. I.assume that goes with your turn fans off rule. Hate to mix up the fan off belief with ceiling fans and have it overlooked later. So maybe clarify ceiling fans, bathroom fans, outdoor wind along with a/c and heat fans.

And of course, You gotta enforce the toilet lid down rule!
Post 4 IP   flag post
101641 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?