Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewbiesScanningScans

Upload speeds142

Kracka60 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone

Kal from Brisbane Australia. Just completed a test scan for a potential client with 123 sweeps in my scan. Uploaded the project BUT it took over 8 hours to upload.

Just wondering if this a normal upload timeframe or have I done something wrong in the process. Checked the wifi upload speed and that was ordinary to say the least.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thinking to try a data sim to see if this is any faster.

Thanks Kal
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Kal seems slightly excessive to me. We normally upload 60 scans @ 1mbps in about 3 hours...so if your upload is slower, given your scans, it could be about right. 4G is much quicker but equally expensive.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I've found that sometimes a scan will upload in just a few minutes, while other times it can take half an hour or more. And this is on a stable broadband connection in my home, that regularly tests at about 6MBps upstream.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, I always upload from home and it only takes a few seconds. But I have FIOS 50mbps ...
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
We're fortunately to have 50 mbps up/down Wi-Fi in our Atlanta Tech Village office.

Tip for slower internet connections: connect to Wi-Fi even while you are trimming. The model uploads in the background even while you are trimming ... That's why when you upload the model, you'll see that you already made progress.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting Dan. Explains why it's quicker sometimes.
Also I found you need to keep the capture app open. Don't do anything else with the iPad
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the comments. Interesting upload times. The internet at home is only ADSL2. Still no fibre Optic or NBN anywhere near home.

Hi Tim - sent you guys an email the other. Any chance I call to say hello and have a chat ?? Read your notes on how to get the Real Estate to accept this new technology( thanks Dan for the link).

More scans today and a big presentation to another Real estate firm here tomorrow. Starting to get some very strong interest in the technology and services.

Just need to iron out this upload issue.

Kal
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi

Just another quick question.

How do you delete collaborators?

Can seem to find how to delete some of the past collaborators.

Thanks

Kal
Post 8 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Hey bud, never received anything...have another shot tim@ticketyview.com
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks Tim

Just sent another message via your website

Kal
Post 10 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
Something interesting I noticed about the upload speed. After I turn off the camera, the Capture app continues to try to connect unless I stop and restart the app. I usually do that before uploading but forgot to the other day. Increased the upload time SIGNIFICANTLY ... took about 15 minutes instead of the few seconds it usually takes. Just food for thought ...
Post 11 IP   flag post
That's interesting.
Will try that with the next one
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi Glenda

thanks for the reply.

I had noticed that as well. The app sits there trying to connect, so I would imagine it would be hindering the upload.

Interesting test results, I finally got the 4G data sim card I ordered and the upload speed was almost 9mb instead of the .80mb i was getting on the home wifi. So will test this with the next upload.
Post 13 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
If the upload times and broadband are an issue;
a) Can the ipad be hardwired instead of wifi
b) Can a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro be connected

What are the selections?
Post 14 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Strangely my upload times are down to about 5 seconds. Plus my tours are being processed in 30 minutes or so.

It's hard to know why.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I had the same thing today as well. I uploaded 4 back to back and the first one went through very quick, the second took about 2 minutes and the other 2 took about 5 minutes each.
Post 16 IP   flag post
CKC private msg quote post Address this user
App/software/processing being revamped big time?
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Hi - I know this is an old thread, but I need to add.

For the 2nd week in a row, my upload time is now going into the 48 hour range. I did 4 apartments on Friday, came home, edited and then hit upload on all 4.

1 uploaded right away, the 2nd didn't get uploaded til this afternoon (Saturday afternoon). The 3rd has been stuck in the 60% complete stage pretty much all day. The 4th shows nothing happening with it at all even though I have hit "upload" twice.

As of now, sat night 10pm, I have 2 completed models and absolutely nothing on the other two. With one showing 60% and the other showing nothing, I decided to do what MP support told me to do last week when pretty much the exact same scenario played out. They told me to change text and hit upload again. I have done this and nothing has changed.

Last week when this happened, it took until mid-day Monday for it to finally complete and then I got the final 3d model.

Any suggestions? Very frustrating. Two Friday jobs in a row now taking all weekend to upload.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
And just to let you know - I originally uploaded when I got home and after my iPad connected to my wifi.

just did speed test and upload speed is 1.30 Mbps.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Update - as of 8pm Mountain Time - My 2 models still have not uploaded and the one is still stuck at 60%. So basically, nothing has happened since last post.
Post 20 IP   flag post
seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray Not sure why all the problems with yours. I got home an hour ago, 116 scans, just finished uploading-65min. All of mine seem to take about an hour so far. I am using an Air2. I don't think we have a particularly fast internet connection.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Just got home for the day and still the same. 2 projects that I attempted to upload on Friday are still not uploaded. Pretty scary considering the turn around time we give out. MP service says they are going to have to give me a 3rd party way to get them the data. We shall see
Post 22 IP   flag post
Did you only upload them the once?
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I have done more than one upload - after I modified something in the text description. It looks like the one stuck at 60% has finally gone through. This has only happened twice now and at the same exact time...late Fri afternoon/weekend uploads. So strange. I wonder if it's my dsl connection.
Post 24 IP   flag post
That is weird. Especially at the same percentage.
Have you tried it on a different internet connection?
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Ok, I think I figured this out - at least I hope so anyway.

Late last night, I took apart my router. Cleaned it and then reset it and then did some updates. Changed a security setting.

Re-uploaded one more time. Woke up this morning and everything was uploaded and I had final 3D models.

So, I'm guessing all this was a problem with my router. It's just weird b/c I have done many other uploads that worked fine. If this happens to me this Friday (again), I guess I will be forced to not work on Fridays.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Post 26 IP   flag post
101721 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?