Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQIntroductionsNewbies

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself14

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
We have 100+ members. We look forward to your post here.
Post 51 IP   flag post
JonModene private msg quote post Address this user
Heh! I just got my Matterport, shot my first 3D tour - and it worked.

Real estate broker in Toledo, Ohio.

Looking to get my Matterport integrated into my online marketing and start showing off my client's homes with this amazing new tool.
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you for introducing yourself here.
Post 53 IP   flag post
PatrickBruder private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I am a newer Realtor in Upstate NY, I am looking at starting a separate business to provide 3D modeling and photography services partnered with a local photographer just starting his business as well. We were both in the Navy Nuclear Program together and we are both excited to break into this field. I look forward to learning from everyone's experiences as well as contributing our ideas and lessons learned as well.

From my vast (1 Yr) real estate experience I think this is a game changing technology

Thank you to Dan for starting this forum!
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PatrickBruder thank you for your service.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
HiPatrick,
Welcome to Matterport. I am a Realtor from Omaha, Nebraska. I am keeping my Matterport scans as part of my luxury marketing and not use it on every listing. It is very time intensive.
Post 56 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, how goo dis this forum! Thought I'd say hi all the way from down under, Perth Western Australia. Been making scans for a year now and it's all slowly catching on. I'm hoping the 100th monkey experiment stays true with our services. The most exciting part of this tech is the 3D obj's for which I've been making films out of and they've been going really well. Have a look at a few on my site SPACESAN if you'd like. I'll be sure to look through many more threads after this.

Best!
Jamie
Post 57 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Jamie, very impressive, you've done some very cool stuff. You've learn how to push the bubble in regards to the camera and what you can produce out the scans.
Post 58 IP   flag post
WarrenVandal private msg quote post Address this user
Jamie - very impressive indeed. You have a lot going on and have done a fabulous editing job. What is your background/expertise - photography? CAD? film making? Have you been experimenting with exterior scans using Matterport, or using some other exterior 3D scanning technology?
Post 59 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Calling all San Diego area matterporters. Matterporters Unite!
Just looking to meet and share ideas for creative uses..

Great job Jamie, your videos are awesome.
Post 60 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CarlosFHdz

Thanks for joining 160+ other members of the Forum.

Best,

Dan
Post 61 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Hey I'm Spencer in Portland, Oregon. I'm principally in real estate marketing but I thought I'd launch a dedicated Matterport business as well.

My Matterport photography company is called Rendering Space. I'd appreciate critical feedback on my website at www.RenderingSpace.com.

As far as I can tell, the Portland market it pretty wide open with only 1 other guy doing it and a handfull of brokers who have them. There's low inventory because everyone is moving to Oregon so it can be difficult to convince brokers to go high-end on their virtual tours.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Welcome Spencer, I think your website looks great. The only suggestion I would have is to do what Craig and others have talked about with your mobile optimization. The 3D showcase link can be made to be mobile friendly. Other than that, I think its great.

Carlos.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
How do you make the 3D showcase mobile friendly?
Post 64 IP   flag post
txgreg66 private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings,

Looks like a nice informative forum. I like the service offerings from third parties, be great to know how far we can take this technology.

I would like to know other users and photographer pros in the DFW Metroplex. The map link in Dallas shows info for Atlanta. I'll be amazed if I'm the first official Matterport user in DFW!

Originally from England I'm a Realtor In North Dallas, TX (Plano/Allen/Frisco), licensed 2 years, 12 years in DFW real estate. I have my Camera on order. Background in computer databases, I still program PHP, Perl, some IOS app experience.

I'm tech savvy, early adopter (hey, I got my license to join eXp Realty!) I'm interested in learning how to do this full time, ie pricing, PR, media exposure, scripts to home/business owners, Team building - ie I have connections to the local Art Institute for audio/visual pro help. Reach out to me if you are a broker/agent who also wants to learn the same.

My first project will be my 5000 sq ft, $1.25mm listing. I can't wait to get going!

Email greg.shepherd@exprealty.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gregoryshepherd
Post 65 IP   flag post
Welcome to the Party Greg! There are lots of resources here, use the search bar to find the answer to most of your questions because it has been brought up before. Don't hesitate to ask any question and even if you get a lot of responses, I'm sure you'll get some private message responses.

Carlos. San Diego area.
Post 66 IP   flag post
DougTse private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

Doug here. I just received my camera in March and live in San Francisco, CA. I picked it up locally at the Matterport company in Mountain View, CA. Great place.

Dan, thanks for setting up this forum.

I'll be focusing on vacation rental properties and all around other home rental properties in the US. From time to time, I travel from West to East coast for my investment properties.

Please feel free to reach out if you're ever in the Bay Area.

**Highly Recommended for Traveling** Pelican Carry-On Case 1501: Industrial tough polymer/ TSA-compliant carry-on / water tight/ roller casters. Fits my iPad, charge cables, and Matterport camera.

Let's connect.

-Doug Tse-
Enviroscan3D LLC
www.enviroscan3d.com (under dev)
Post 67 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Doug
Welcome.
Are there many matterport operators around your area?
Post 68 IP   flag post
DougTse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Hi Doug
Welcome.
Are there many matterport operators around your area?

Hi Jamie,
I have not connected with anyone else locally yet. Surprisingly enough, I would think they would join this forum to figure out more about the camera.

My personal guess, the cameras that have been deployed less than 1000 units. The reason I assume this is because comparing the user guide's manual when connecting the camera to the iPad settings to my unit. The user's guide camera is identified as 'Matterport B002' and my unit is identified as 'Matterport B551'.

With that in mind, I believe we're only a small group of explorers aware of this product.

*Also, I had an earlier typo. The Pelican Case is a 1510 model, not 1501.
: D
Post 69 IP   flag post
Dan private msg quote post Address this user
Hello I am new here at this forum and just starting with the matterport scanning. (B558) I am from the Netherlands and we are very curious how the people are going to react to this product.

I immediately need your help. We work with ipad air. We continuesly lose connection with the matterport camera. During scans it sometimes announces, that the camera is disconnected. Is there is something i am missing or doing wrong? The netwerk can not be found it says. I thing the problem is with the WiFi. Anyone else had this problem?

Your help will be very appreciated!

Dan
Post 70 IP   flag post
@doug
Interesting Doug. I figured the highest concentration of users would be nearest the matterport HQ.

Best of luck with your business. It's certainly a unique one
Post 71 IP   flag post
@Dan
Welcome Dan.
Have you replicated this problem in a different location to rule out interference?
Do you have a clean ipad? Nothing that could be causing a conflict?
My recommendation would be a reset on your iPad and try in a different t location
If it keeps happening, then look for other causes. Perhaps try a different ipad as well to rule out an issue with that.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi There

My name is Marcia and I work for Property3D in Auckland, New Zealand. I'm a photographer who has most recently been doing Real Estate photography in Australia and NZ. I have just taken on this new role with the Matterport camera and I cant believe how incredible it is! All of the information on the "We Get Around" site has been incredibly helpful so thank you!

Marcia
Post 73 IP   flag post
courtneycansell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone!

My name is Courtney and I am a team leader with a large builder team in Houston, TX. So far it looks like we are the only realtors offering this service in our area

We just our first model home, and are excited to learn the "in's and out's" of the camera.

Looking forward to being a part of this great group!
Post 74 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Since our launch in October 2013, we've Forum membership (free) has grown to hundreds around the globe. Plus, three times as many non-members read the Forum. (More than 21,000 page views in the last 30 days: crazy-exciting.)

[Join by 4 May 3015 to receive our first of occasional eBlasts. The first one will focus on services that Forum members offer to other members to offer to their clients such as videos, CMS, floor plans, VR and enhanced .obj files.]nd the globe.

Join us and introduce yourself in this thread.

Best,

Dan
Post 75 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan, it will be great to have a map of the members around the globe.
What do you think? Is it possibile?

Regards,

Piero
Post 76 IP   flag post
@Dan
Glad to see we have the next 1000 years to join
Post 77 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jamie
Post 78 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PieroBortolot

That's a great question. And, yes, I could do this, but here is why I do not.

The Matterport User Group Forum is sponsored by the We Get Around Network of Matterport Pro Photographers which I also founded.

The revenue from the Network pays for hosting the Forum.

The Network makes money by referring and engaging Matterport Pro photographers. Our Network makes it easy for real estate agents and brokers, for example, to reach out to us to get a referral in their area.

So, yes, there is a reason that we have not published a map that identifies members.

Ideally, all the Forum members join the Network too (request the password) for potential referrals and engagements by We Get Around (and to refer to other Matterpeeps within the Network by reaching out to We Get Around).

In this article, I write about why the Network is good for all Matterport Professional Photographers.

Everyone can introduce themselves in this thread and include their location in their profile, etc. Yes. That makes it hard to find everyone. Plus, many members have not posted ( yet ).

Yes. That's why I just show on the Network map where we have hundreds of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers without identifying them by name and NOT including interactive links.

Incidentally, when we launched the Network we included a map with links back to the photographer's website. Then, companies started reaching out directly to members. Thus, I just have anonymous push pins now.

Dan
Post 79 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, Dan, for the reply
I understand

Piero
Post 80 IP   flag post
101274 923 30