Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQIntroductionsNewbies

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself14

FrozenFire private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

Name's Rob. I'm fairly new to the Matterport tech but I've been a still photographer for years.

Hobbies include making camera reviews on YouTube, video/film, drawing, writing, mountain biking, hiking.

It's nice to meet you all. See you around!
Post 451 IP   flag post
cscrowley private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
Conor here with U.A.V. in the rainy Northwest. The drone business can a little slow this time of year (they don't fly in the rain). So we've added Matterport to our menu, and I personally am really looking forward to the ride. This tech has a lot of promise.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Simon_Gall private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Everyone!

My name is Simon. I am a design student from Germany/Switzerland. Living in Basel, Switzerland.

I am basing my Bachelor around the Matterport Pro. I treat it as a new photgraphy medium compared to the "old" traditional photography.

The Matterport camera I use belongs to the school I am studying. Here is a link to a model I made of my Institute:

As of right now I am interested in bringing Matterport models into Game Engines like Unity or Unreal to view them with an Occulus Rift or an HTC Vive. I would also like to make a virtual Matterport gallery from which I can see several Matterport models. I am thinking of a virtual Room and in this room are the Matterport moddels ebedded the same way you can embed Videos in a virtual room. So you can go from model to model and view them. But I have not found a way possible. But I am working on it.

I hope all of this makes kind of sense to you. I f not, I am am happy to explain it to you in more depth.

Cheers,
Simon
Post 453 IP   flag post
GarethB private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning/afternoon/evening, wherever you are!

My name is Gareth and I hail from Ayr on the West coast of Scotland, about 40 miles from Glasgow. I've been a very keen 2D photographer for more years than I care to mention, but running alongside this has always been a passion for all things 3D, immersive, VR, etc. I spent some of the early Noughties creating 360 photos using 180 fisheye lenses on early digital cameras (with varying degrees of success, if you'll excuse the pun!). When I first saw the ads/examples of Matterport, I was very excited.
So, whilst I don't yet own a Matterport camera, I am very keen to "get into" this exciting technology and all the new avenues that it will hopefully offer me. Hopefully after getting up to speed etc I can then offer bespoke services to estate agents, hotels etc.
The forums look a great place to start, but no doubt I'll start boring you with startup questions soon enough!
Cheers guys,
Gareth
Post 454 IP   flag post
NickHobgood private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

I am Nick soon to be based in Bethesda, Maryland in the US in the Washington DC area.

I have been doing 360s for a few years now based in the Pacific region. My portfolio can be found here: @nickhobgood" target="_blank">www.roundme.com/@nickhobgood

I look forward to learning more about VR photography and hopefully getting some jobs making tours for clients in the US and overseas.

Nick Hobgood
www.Sphere.Guru
Post 455 IP   flag post

junoimelda private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

My name's Aimee Chase and I'm a real estate photographer for Vista Estate Imaging in Seattle. seattle.vistaestate.net . I've been shooting HDR photography for 11 years for VEI. In the last year or so we've gotten a lot of requests for Matterport, particularly from our higher-end clients. The owner of the company bought a Matterport camera and I've recently learned how to use it. It is such cool technology and it will dovetail so well with what I'm already doing!

I'm here to learn about making the best use of the Matterport camera and associated technology, and trying to figure out which of the many features to offer in our photo packages.

When I'm not shooting photos, I'm learning static trapeze, skiing, riding my motorcycle, or chilling out reading a good book.

Nice to meet you all!

~ Aimee C
Post 456 IP   flag post
Nigris private msg quote post Address this user
Hi We Get Around folks!

my name is Sandro Nigris and I'm based in Beijing, China.

I operate in the field of Corporate Video Production and Photography mainly for Microsoft and its ecosystem.

I'm definitely a fan of Matterport.

Honored to be with you,

Sandro
Post 457 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
So glad I found this forum! I've been researching Matterport and writing a business plan for about a month now and I just secured funding to get off the ground!

This site has already answered a lot of questions and I can see that it will be an incredible resource in the future. I am working very hard to make sure that I know all of the shortfalls of starting an MSP business and I plan to come out of the gate as skilled as possible.

I plan to find as many "outside the box" uses and industries as possible so I'm really glad that there is so much technical info on the forum.

I look forward to learning from you all, and someday helping others by sharing my experiences.

Cheers!

Richard
Post 458 IP   flag post
Nama_Xa private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am from Centurion, South Africa and is busy setting up a venture with my daughter to offer 3D scans with a MP camera in our local market.
Post 459 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone.

Names Mark. Based in Onalaska, WI. My company is Coulee360 Photography. We specialize in Real Estate Photography and Matterport 3D Tours.

I decided to add the Matterport Service to my business because I was tired of seeing realtors in my area saying "Check out my virtual tour" when all it was was a slideshow of photos. I wanted to bring a true virtual tour feature for them. I'm the first to market in my area with the service and business has grown 10 fold with realtors wanting the service.

It has surely been the best investment in my business I have made.

I've gotten many great tips from ready the We Get Around Forum pages, which is helping me show clients I know what I'm doing. Still a lot to learn and expand on.
Post 460 IP   flag post
bonfire21 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

First scan!

Thank you all for existing! I hope to give back some if the help that has been peroxide to be here!

I am just starting it here in London, Ontario, Canada.
Post 461 IP   flag post
studio143 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone!!!

My name is Mike, and I am currently in Sebastian, FL. I started a real estate photography business about a year ago and I have recently made the decision to expand into VR. Finally have my own Matterport camera and I am really excited to start scanning! Can't wait to learn from and share with all of you.

Cheers

Mike
Post 462 IP   flag post
natcoalson private msg quote post Address this user
Howdy everyone, I'm Nat. Born in Wyoming, grew up in Colorado, lived in Los Angeles... now living in the Midlands of England. Quite a culture shock. But I love travel and experiencing different places; really it's my life.

I've been a fine art/travel photographer since around 2003 and more recently got into shooting architecture and interiors. (Before that I worked in graphic design, printing and web - feel free to Google me for more on my background) I've done a lot of writing and teaching and I most love photography and digital imaging, in all its forms.

I came to this forum after forming a business with several partners with whom I share an interest in the fusion of architecture and digital imaging. Matterport is our main platform but keeping a close eye on everything going on and planning our next moves.

So far I'm really encouraged by the participation here and looking forward to learning and contributing!
Post 463 IP   flag post
Sariga360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
I am just a fan of Google so i became a local guide then a Trusted street view and qualified Marketing fundamentals .
With in this period i have 1074 approved panos on Google and 2.5 M views .
clickable text

and i have a page on Facebook sariga360 which showcase my works than Google Map

I am passionate in sharing photos to map.
Post 464 IP   flag post
jannis private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone ,here comes a few lines about me: I started my photography studio in Stockholm-Sweden back in 1988. I have worked mostly with commercial photography as well as headshots & portrait photography and family/kids. I became a google trusted in 2016 and I started to get involved in 360 product photography as well. I am expecting to work a lot more with both panoramic and 360 product photography. I am married and we have one daughter (she is a lawyer).
Thanks for letting me in in the group!
my homepage is : www.fotografjannis.se Fell free to connect with me in Facebook and Linkedin!

Best regards! /Jannis
Post 465 IP   flag post
tchappell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone. I am very new to the forum and to this tech/RE industry. I am still kicking the tires on purchasing a Matterport camera and going all in with a startup. Any advice from all of you pro's would be welcomed!
Post 466 IP   flag post
immersivetours private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I am a new member to this forum but have been a lurker for over 6 months! I operate a Real Estate marketing company on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada that offers aerial photography/videography, interior/exterior photography, 2d schematic floor plans, and Matterport visual tours. We currently only target real estate agents, but recently started branching over to Restaurants and businesses.

Any advice you could offer me to break into this new market of mine would be very useful!

Thanks.
Post 467 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivetours

Welcome. I look forward to seeing your posts in the Forum.

--

Hi All,

2,700 Members in 95 countries. Exciting.

Please introduce yourself here.

Best,

Dan
Post 468 IP   flag post
stepbeyondmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone. My name is Scott Stuart from Grand Junction, Colorado USA. I am a video photographer and owner/operator of the Matterport 3D tour system. I have been a video photographer for over 20 years now. I started selling Matterport tours about 6 months ago and love the technology. I am also a certified Drone pilot and have flown drones for about 4 years. Thank you all and I hope to help support the group.
Post 469 IP   flag post
dsgncolgrp private msg quote post Address this user
Good day all, My name is Michael Thomas, in Palm Desert, CA and have been an interior designer for 30+ years. Technology in the practice has played a consistent role in designing residential and hospitality interiors. We were some of the first to use the original MAC to design spaces and clients were amazed. Seems like such Old Hat considering what we are capable of. We currently use Chief Architect for our CAD drawings, perspectives and VR experiences and now I am interested in learning how AR,VR And Matterport might add to our menu of design services.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Mmerlin14 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi fellow Matterporters....
Vic WEBB here from Perth, Western Australia.
I am a retired Criminalist, Forensic expert, Professional Photographer and Broad-spectrum Trainer.
My wife reckens I was too young to retire so I am now back on the tools
Post 471 IP   flag post
Kbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Kerry, from the Snowy Mountains in Australia. Been doing Real Estate photography for several years now and am currently researching whether to invest in this technology. Do I buy from the Australian reseller, or from the USA? How are other Australians finding tech support, repairs etc
Post 472 IP   flag post
Kerry, from the Snowy Mountains in Australia. Been doing Real Estate photography for several years now and am currently researching whether to invest in this technology. Do I buy from the Australian reseller, or from the USA? How are other Australians finding tech support, repairs etc
Post 473 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Kbeer and Mmerlin
Welcome fellow Aussies.
Kbeer
Scan3D is now the local reseller and has stock last time I spoke to them.
It is easier than trying to buy from the states.
I bought my two from the US and had a few issues.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Thanks Benn1973...I am trying to find out how we Aussies price this. In the States they seem to do it per square foot. What do we do here?
Post 475 IP   flag post
Thats a hard one I use both methods.
I use a SQM price for unusual and commercial jobs and a Per bedroom price for realestate.
I am currently trying to pitch a national contract that would be the per bedroom model.
Post 476 IP   flag post
There isnt a big take up with Matterport at the moment but I think we are close
Post 477 IP   flag post
Would it be cheeky to ask for your pricing model...?
Have your "issues" been resolved and are you getting interest?
I do appreciate your time
Post 478 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@benn1973 We've thought we have been on the brink for that last 2 years! Lol
Post 479 IP   flag post
Yes but when there are more cameras and people offering services you get more agents wanting scans which means more business and of late there are quite a few more cameras in Australia and I assume NZ
Post 480 IP   flag post
101274 923 30