Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQIntroductionsNewbies

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself14

lissieholland private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

I'm from NY/NJ area. I have experience in the more standard form of photography. My father purchased this camera in hopes to expand and further our business in the electrical industry.

We are super excited to learn more about this device and everything it's capable of! We look forward to hearing everyones ideas and tips as well as
being an addition to all the helpful information.

King Regards,

Elisabeth
Post 326 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, FL
MonicaLea private msg quote post Address this user
Afternoon!

I wanted to give a quick 'Hello' to the forum today. I have had the MP camera for several months and am looking forward to the continuous words of wisdom from this amazing Matterport-minded group!
Post 327 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
very nice website @MonicaLea!
Post 328 IP   flag post
carissa0316 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I'm Cary. Just joined. But have had the camera since last year. Soo looking forward to learning more from all of you.
Post 329 IP   flag post
wallyhawk private msg quote post Address this user
So glad I found this forum!

My name is Adam, just got my matterport about a week ago and am looking to ramp up my business fast. I have made quite a few connections in the Real Estate world flipping houses but getting a new business going is never an easy venture.

I did a sample scan of a really nice house and learned a ton through trial and error. Biggest tip I can give to fellow newbies is don't be shy on the number of scans you do! The tours will feel stiff and less than user friendly if you move too fast through it.
Post 330 IP   flag post

3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
My name is Rick I reside in beautiful Miami Beach I have been shooting with Matterport camera for over 3 months love the concept and product.
Post 331 IP   flag post
WendlesCGI private msg quote post Address this user
Hello MUG!
I'm in the UK working on how best to market the service so all tips gratefully received.
Wendy
Post 332 IP   flag post
ApproachVR private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

My name is Eric, I'm the founder of Approach VR. We're providing a range of business-to-business services in the VR/3D scanning sector, of which the Matterport camera is one. We're located up here in Fairbanks, Alaska, giving us the dubious honor of being the most northerly pin on the MUG referral map, save for a couple of our Scandinavian colleagues!

I followed this forum a while back when I first heard of the MP camera, and would like to thank all of you for the gracious and charitable nature with which you share information here. From technical knowledge and tips for perfecting our scans, through to marketing advice and referrals, you guys are great.

Also, a shout out to Dan for putting together this valuable resource!

Wishing all of you the best of luck,

Eric
Post 333 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Eric
Post 334 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Eric @ApproachVR

Welcome and thank you for the shout-out.

Dan
Post 335 IP   flag post
Nfinitevr private msg quote post Address this user
Hello

I'm Gylon from San Antonio, Tx. After 8 months of research and thinking we are jumping into the Virtual Reality game. Our first product is the Matterport Camera. The next product will be a live production camera for filming 360 Immersive experiences. We are not real estate photographers.... we just love VR, AR, IR (Immersive Reality) and see an awesome marketplace.

Our Core Universal Truths

Deliver our clients vision
Set realistic expectations
Don’t let Perfect Get In The Way of Possible
Strive for Diversity, Inclusion and Deliver Equity
Love what you do
Love who you are
Love the business
Quality of life first
Communicate your Truth
Post 336 IP   flag post
gabriel private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, My name is Gabriel Acoca, i'm a professional photographer specialized in interactive virtual tours, you can see my work at : http://www.gabrielacoca.fr I'm interested by new technologies in my domain, and i think matterport is one the the new thing who will count in the future. So, i'm interested to be a member of this forum. Thank you and have a nice day. Gabriel.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
We do not sit still! We literally move around 360˚ and are pleased to announce INVELOP has expanded to the Greater Seattle, Washington area! Say Hello to our Seattle Team of Matterport Photographers, Sue and Josh!

Post 338 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
Great good luck
Post 339 IP   flag post
RobL private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

My name is Rob. I shoot, edit, and color-grade cinematic high-end realty videos in 4K. So far our production company has been hired by a separate company that deals with the clients. My wife and I are looking to do this for ourselves.

So far everything we've done is 2D cinematic 4K videos. We use RED and Sony cameras, DJI drones, and we leverage everything we've learned from working on TV and film sets for over 12 years.

I absolutely love doing this work. I've always had a deep appreciation for architecture, and even considered it as a career when I was younger. My other passion is photography, of all kinds.

We love what the MP camera provides! I feel that there is an imminent and unavoidable VR EXPLOSION. With it, MP will only get more relevant and even ubiquitous in realty. I have experience shooting professional VR, but what MP provides is better... depth information, true 3D representation, as opposed to a 2D stitched sphere which comes darn close, and the image quality is far superior, but it is simply "WRONG"

We are thinking the MP camera could be our initial gear investment. We already own a full editing and color grading suite, and I have a professional stills and 1080p camera which can work to cover the exteriors before we move onto investing in a Sony/RED and a drone. Since I haven't seen any 4K MP work out there I think our camera will work very well for a while.

We continue to have access to all the high-end film gear for clients that demand the absolute best quality for their multi-million dollar listings, but the general idea we have is to put the rental fees towards purchasing our own kit.

I am also thinking of offering my editing services to the MP community if you guys are looking to take certain projects to the next level (PM me if you want to know more).

Thank you for all your contributions to the forum. I am learning a lot from you, and I hope to pay back with contributions of my own as we begin our Matterport journey.

Rob
Post 340 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. Welcome Rob
Post 341 IP   flag post
TNTRE private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

First time Matterport user here and I am just getting started. Thank you for all the great information. Looking forward to my first scan.
Post 342 IP   flag post
Lowell private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, I'm based out of Atlanta GA. Just started with the matterport.
Post 343 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, welcome
Post 344 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone,

My name is Florian and I am the founder of MESH Images in Berlin, Germany. We are providing Matterport services as well as a portfolio of other services for 3D scanning, 360° content and VR Visualisation.

I have been following this forum since we have ordered our first matterport camera back in Novemver 2015. The informations we have got from this forum were very, very, very helpful for the setup of our matterport service here on the old continent.

Therefore: thank you all for your contributions.

And a special thanks goes to Dan Smigrod for setting up this fantastic community.

Thank you and good luck
Florian
Post 345 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone- I am in Southern California and hoping to have an MP camera in my hands in the near future. Being a bit on the analytical side, I normally do my fair share of homework in order to make informed decisions. Which is what brought me here! Having a resource such as this available is definitely a big positive. I look forward to learning more and someday- being a provider of information here rather than a seeker.
Cheers.
Rich
Post 346 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome, where in SoCal are you?
Post 347 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I a very glad to have found this website and forum. I have already started learning by reading some of the topics.

I am Johan Coetzee, from Sedgefield, Western-Cape province, South-Africa.

My aim is to provide services to the real estate market as well as the holiday rental market. Still new to this and hope to be up to speed soon
Post 348 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Carlos,
Thanks for the welcome. I am in Coastal Orange County.
Post 349 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Video introductions are welcomed too. Here's mine (above) ....

I was interviewed by MUG Forum Member Barrie Fisher at IVRPA 2016 in Quebec City. (Video by: barriefisherphoto360.com)

Dan
Post 350 IP   flag post
UserName private msg quote post Address this user
Hello. My password's not "Password" but the thought crossed my mind. I'm a C# Unity software developer interested in virtual reality technology. In addition to studying Google's Project Tango, I've spent months learning about Matterport. I also visit Matterport Gear VR home models frequently -- they're some of the best examples of real virtual reality locations.

Hopefully I'm alive when Internet downloads occur instantly, every human has VR eye glasses, 3D cameras can scan a room in seconds and Matterport point cloud servers can generate five models per minute. A home buyer could then don VR spectacles, visit a realtor website and explore properties from an easy chair.

Additionally, navigation through a VR model would be as smooth as moving through a 3D video game. I have lots of ideas like this, but current Earth technology limitations often put a damper on implementation. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the past.
Post 351 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I have a 3D printing and 3D scanning service bureau in Boston area, (www.3dprintsmith.com) and have recently started with Matterport scanning. Looking forward to connecting with the group, and thank you for all the great resources.
Post 352 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@UserName

I look forward to reading more of your commentary on this space. I your writing style.

@Noddy

Have you tried 3D printing of one of your Matterport scans?

Dan
Post 353 IP   flag post
jward private msg quote post Address this user
Here I come! I've worked in real estate technology behind the scenes for 10 years now. I've finally taken the leap of starting my own business after eyeing the Matterport camera for close to two years now. I've been learning how to start a small business and am trying to make as few mistakes as possible. I look forward to the collaboration of the community and learning from each other, as competitive as I might be I really wish I would have bought the camera when I first wanted to since I'm having to play catch up now to the other Los Angeles folks. Go big or go home... so my first scan is a 6k sq ft doosy. I forgot a bathroom, learned about tri-pod placement, and how the geometry comes into play when placing mattertags. --jward
Post 354 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mmchase
Hi All,
I join this forum to learn more about this camera.
Post 355 IP   flag post
101272 923 30