Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help Wanted

Matterport 3D Showcase --> Matterport Space1385

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Space and Matterport Spaces are the new brand name for Matterport 3D Showcase and Matterport 3D Showcases.

While I like the new name, it seems like they missed an opportunity to use a unique name or spelling so that it would be searchable. More on that in a moment.

Many of us have our own brand name too. For example, our first long version is ...

We Get Around WalkAround™ 3D Showcase Tour - powered by Matterport

We'll likely start using ...

We Get Around WalkAround™ Space - powered by Matterport

And the short version, WalkAround™ Space or 3D Tour.

I could imagine that Matterport decided on Space a name that works both for what we know as 3D Showcase and VR Showcase. Same environment, just different experience.

I recall having a conversation with @StevenHattan via the MUG Forum or email about the need for Matterport to have a brand name that was unique/searchable that everyone could get behind for SEO for everyone. Steven, please correct me, if I am mistaken.

Anyway ...

I use We Get Around WalkAround™ Space - powered by Matterport going forward on our website.

In the MUG Forum, I will use Matterport Space going forward.

Zero plans to update the name on all our webpages, etc. Simply not worth the time and effort.

I recall when I bought the Matterport Camera in July 2014, the scans were called spins. So, it's not the first re-branding of Matterport related names (and likely not the last :cool

What do you think? Do you like Matterport Space? Do you prefer Matterport 3D Showcase or yet something else?

How will this name change affect you, if any?

Anyone with a company name that includes 3D planning to make any changes? Other thoughts?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Matterport has not updated their website to say Matterport Space instead of Matterport Showcase

Post 1 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I am not Sure I like the word space. Mentally I picture area with nothing in it when I think of space. Like a place to put stuff. I do agree with you Dan that it needs to be unique and searchable. Jus my 2 cents.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport emailed me:

"A Matterport Space is the actual model comprised of processed 2D and 3D data."

"The Matterport 3D Showcase is the WebGL based media player for Matterport Spaces."

"So the first is the data, the second is the viewer. Cheers!"

Clear as mud?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
JRMaddox private msg quote post Address this user
I like Showcase myself and no this wont have any impact on my business. My clients know it as Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, Dan...that is correct. Since then, I've found the keywords to use for SEO.

I just hired two people to help me with my business(es) so I can concentrate and the marketing and business instead of working being my own schleppe. I'll start SEO next week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?