Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicePasswordsSecurityStrategyTips

Matterport Password protection?1301

Aghachi101 private msg quote post Address this user
Client is looking for an option to secure their walkthroughs to specific individuals. Anyone have any recommendations to further secure the content ?

Your assistance is appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Add it to a Web page that is password protected
It will only work on the surface however. Once someone has opened it up, with some knowledge they can get the my.matterport link
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys...

Just wanted to throw it out there that the latest version of WP3D Models offers this functionality for all "views" that are created when you publish a model.

You can create a model, publish it to your site and then provide your customer with the password (maybe revealing it only after they pay?) but still showing them all of your hard work.

Thx!

Ross Peterson
WP3D Models
WordPress + Matterport
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpetersn
Hi guys...

Just wanted to throw it out there that the latest version of WP3D Models offers this functionality for all "views" that are created when you publish a model.

You can create a model, publish it to your site and then provide your customer with the password (maybe revealing it only after they pay?) but still showing them all of your hard work.

Thx!

Ross Peterson
WP3D Models
WordPress + Matterport

Out of curiosity, how is that done? I looked under the different tabs and couldn't see a quick password protected option to check off, so I suspect it takes more brain power than just that?

And just an FYI to everyone else... I recently went with Ross' WP3D Platform and its great! After dealing with the learning curve its quick and easy to build a single-page website for a 3D Showcase that is sure to impress the client with additional features such as mapping, comments, property info tabs, photos, ability to add floor plans or links to video and more. I am a happy customer. I wish I had bought it back when the Canadian Dollar was worth a lot more than it is now, but oh well! C'est la vie!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I had of bought US dollars back then. Damn you Americans and your strong currency
Post 5 IP   flag post
What is the website you guys are talking about?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hey @Queen_City_3D! Thanks for the really nice message/plug here. So glad to hear that WP3D Models has been working well for you.

Re: Password Protection, you just use the built-in WordPress tool.

Here's more info:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Password_Protection

I built the plugin to support this feature on all of the various views.

Thanks again,

Ross
Post 7 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi @Aghachi101 - Sorry, I missed your question yesterday. Perhaps you're inquiring about WP3D Models. This is a Matterport + WordPress integration tool that I built to help Matterport Pros integrate their work into their (WordPress-based) websites. I you don't current have or use WordPress, many clients have elected to set up separate "Gallery" sites in order to take advantage of WP3D Models' tools.

If you have any questions or would like a demo, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Thx, Ross
Post 8 IP   flag post
@rpetersn thank you for the info..
Please let me know when you have a moment to chat.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101646 9 9