Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceProblems

10,000 sq ft + Job1299

Cole private msg quote post Address this user
Need pointers on how to MP a home 10,000 sq ft +. We have a job tomorrow that is closer to 11,000 sq ft. I MP'd the link below https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=8LaB3yYdy1p last Friday that is 5,500 sq ft. I used close to 200 scans -

Question - How many Scans is one tour allowed??
How many sq ft is one tour allowed ??

Any Feedback will be great !

Thanks in advance MPG family

Cole from intraexact.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
No true cap. Try to keep it as close to 200 or under if possible for stability reasons though. Going over 200 is not the end of the world but you just loose more and more stability around that point. 200+ scans costs the same as 101. My advice is spread out a little more (less dense) than you did for the 5500
Post 2 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Also, once complete, duplicate on the iPad and begin to delete points that are too close to each other on the copy. This will help get it closer to the 200 stand points.
Post 3 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a 15000 sf home I did. It was 175 scans.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=YB2PLeuhijU

I called Matterport before doing this scan to see if I was going to run into issues. They didn't think it would be a issue if it was over 200 scans. "We've seen one with over 500 scans and it worked".
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the Advice - Spacing is the key - didn't realize you can shoot so far apart and still be able to navigate

Thanks
Cole
Post 5 IP   flag post
Um....don't get confused between what the end product is and what happened behind the scenes. I think I hid about 30% of my scans in the workshop. The hidden scan were necessary for stitching but not necessary to navigate through.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
It definitely looks like you could have used a few more scans to complete the overhead floor plan, but if it gets the job done for speed and least amount of scans, then I suppose you're good.
Post 7 IP   flag post
OK good advice. Understood StevenHattan and Carlos.

More advice the better...
Post 8 IP   flag post
If you're referring to my scan, I agree. There were certain rooms, especially the upstairs where I wasn't allowed in. Fortunatley, they had no interest in the floor plans or dollhouse, they just wanted the walk-through.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Steven: Did they not let you into the Master Bedroom there?
Post 10 IP   flag post
No, I was not able to even SEE the master bedroom or 2nd bedroom.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?