Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
StrategyTips

PayPal alternative suggestions?1292

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys...I hate PayPal. Anyone using anything similar they would recommend that sends and track invoices and also is a way to transfer money to and from bank account? Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
quickbooks online. Works great, fees are similar to paypal but overall better software.
Post 2 IP   flag post
sshannon private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using Square for years and it's great.
Post 3 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I also use Square for all my invoicing. Super easy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
I use Wave accounting, all online and I use the free version for now. People can pay with credit card right online when I email them invoices and I only get charged when they use a credit card.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
With Square, can people pay with their credit cards without swiping it - for all those times you don't see them face to face?

Nevermind...guess they can, just costs more to input numbers
Post 6 IP   flag post
tommy_1800 private msg quote post Address this user
I second Wave Accounting, it's waveapps.com and it's actually VERY impressive.
Post 7 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Curious why you hate paypal. Takes too long to get your money? I use it all the time for more than just Invoicing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I used paypal for a year, I personally didn't hate it. I was tracking my income / invoicing there, my expenses somewhere else, and my banking elsewhere.

I switched to quickbooks because I run my business like a business. All my expenses and income are tracked properly and in one place, invoicing, payroll, banking, etc. The reports are also very helpful.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with my transition and I would recommend it.
The only thing that quickbooks online can do better for my particular case is to track my mileage. I use MileIQ for that.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Carlos - how much do you pay to use quickbooks?

Steve - they froze my account for no good reason. I have had 2 people say they can't pay with a credit card and I called customer service and they keep telling me it's not their fault. Maybe hate is a strong word...just frustrated on a few occasions.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had that same experience multiple times. Some clients resorted to writing and mailing a check. What is this 1995?

I paid $246 for the year. Their merchant fees are on par with paypal. For me, it has been completely worth it just being able to keep better track of accounts receivable, business budgeting, revenue projections, expense tracking, but there's a catch. There's so much potential for quickbooks that I'm not using yet. I'm going to send my admin to quickbooks training so we can use it to it's potential. That's another expense.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
My last 2 customers say that when they try to pay with credit card that it doesn't work. Very frustrating. PayPal says I'm set up correct, and blame the issue on the payer. The payer is blaming PayPal. Quagmire. I must do something different it appears to get my money
Post 12 IP   flag post
brettwebe private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly there is no viable alternative to paypal, it pays to play safe from the beginning. You better get your account restored as soon as you can.

You may want to look into TransferWise, and other local payment solutions depending upon where you may be from. They may be helpful, They also have lowest cost for transferring payment anywhere within lowest price.
Post 13 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
By the way, if someone wants to start a new Square account, and at the same time get up to $1,000 free of processing fees, they can use my invitation link below (I wish I found one when I subscribed!):
https://squareup.com/i/1DE9C85F

I will also be receiving the same deal (free processing fees on the next $1000)... so thanks in advance.

Dan, I hope it's OK for me to post this... If not, just remove my post.

Thanks,
Matt
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Update: I started using Wave Apps, so thanks to you guys that mentioned it. I love how it does invoicing and connects to my business account and I really love their receipt app that lets you take pics of your receipts and then tracks it all. Love the financial reports too! Fantastic product imo.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101268 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?