Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppTipsVideoVirtual Reality

Pixels skewing on walkthru video1265

kmjennings private msg quote post Address this user
I just created a walk thru video. However, when the view is going into the room, pixels are skewed until it reaches a location for the camera to pan. How do you keep this from happening??!?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@kmjennings

I do not understand. Can you say a different way and/or include screen captures of what "skewed" means?

Can you include a URL to your 3D Showcase?

thanks,

Dan

P.S. Welcome to the MUG Forum. Please introduce yourself here ...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@kmjennings As you travel through the model you enter the "mesh" view. That's why you get the loss of clarity.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Zephyr Cove, NV
Maria private msg quote post Address this user
Pardon me if I got it wrong. Are you asking if its possible to maintain photo realistic view in the transition between scan locations in "inside" view found in both "workshop" and "showcase" modes?

From my understanding, the answer to this question is no.

The camera and Matterport software can create photo realistic photospheres from scan locations only. The in-between that you transition through between scan locations in the model, are created using the mesh view which is an approximation based on cloud point data created by the Matterport's infrared sensors and is overplayed with colors or textures created from the data captured from the camera from multiple scan locations.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Even though I am not selecting mesh?? The cabinet doors are "complete" until once the video stops in the room
Post 5 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
Is this something that matterport can improve? It's a great feature but the output quality leaves a lot to be desired.
Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post
Zephyr Cove, NV
If my understanding of you question is correct then yes, even if you are not using "mesh" view but the "inside" view then the temporary transition when moving between scan location points is going to be mesh view.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Zephyr Cove, NV
Yes your pictures show a mesh view, first picture, and inside view from a scan location on the last picture. There is no way that I am aware of to ensure the transition between them are captured and displayed in photorealism.

My only advice is that more frequent scan locations/greater scan density can create a more detailed higher fidelity model. (I don't know if there is a limit imposed by the software or hardware that would for instance make it impossible to scan something as small as the facets of a pencil on a desk for instance.)
Post 9 IP   flag post
What is the best way to remove the white rings on the showcase? I just saw this video on youtube:
https://youtu.be/EHtjZTcjZeU and it shows a very smooth video with out losing the images and no white rings.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@alx3D

Your video. Can you comment here?

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
@alx3D - please share how you were able to produce a very smooth video without losing the integrity of the images and to also not show any white rings on the video! It would be greatly! appreciated!
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@kmjennings

Thank you for our patience for @alx3D to reply. He shared some exciting person news with me that has his attention elsewhere at the moment.

(He has a proprietary process for creating these videos for the Matterport community as a paid service.)

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
So without paying for his service, there is not a way that users of Matterport can do this on their own?
Post 14 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone. Apologies for the late response. Like @Dan alluded to we were having a baby.
3D Scan of Mom and Baby

Ok so we are dealing with two separate issues here.

Like @Queen_City_3D and @Maria said you are transitioning from photo data to photo data through the underlying structure of the 3D model and only way to improve is finer 3D mesh details lost in the capture process.

As far as the smooth video:
We offer that video as a service to people who need it. We offer to MP users we don't want to give away too many specifics.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Congratulations Alex! @alx3D
Post 16 IP   flag post
101587 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?