Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture App

why do I want to save old scans?1203

BrettMtn private msg quote post Address this user
My ipad is filling up and I need to make room for new scans. If they have already been uploaded and checked for errors then is there any reason to keep the original scans on the ipad? Just want to make sure there's not something I'm missing before I delete a few.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BrettMtn

Please see this Matterport User Group Forum thread ...

Why You Do Not Want to Delete 3D Models

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks @dansmigrod
Post 3 IP   flag post
What's the reason for backing up to icloud vs. backing up on the local computer other than it's in "the cloud"? If I back up to my local computer can't I just delete all the scans and then load from the local backup if I need them in the future? I don't want to have to go through the hassle of making a bunch of new apple IDs if it's not necessary - not to mention I use the ipad for more than just the capture app so re-loading everything each time could become time consuming. Thoughts?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BrettMtn

If you back up to Apple iTunes, that's fine.

If you are thinking of "dragging the files" to your desktop, that does not work.

The MUG Forum Members Wish Lists for Matterport includes providing a backup and archive solution.

I have spoken with Matterport on this topic and they agree that they need to do this.

It's incredibly important that they implement a backup system that is easy, fast and seamless.

I feel bad for any Pro that is deleting scans and then a new solution comes along that requires going back to the original scan.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ok - as long as backing up locally to itunes works then I'll stick with that. Honestly, the lifespan for many of my scans seems pretty short lived - house sells in a week or a month and then it's offline. I have a few scans that are examples that I will keep online indefinitely, but I don't really see going back to re-edit if new features come out that would require me to do so, I'd probably just replace the examples with newer scans, but it's good to know that I have the option. Thanks for your help and your wealth of information @dansmigrod
Post 6 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I delete old models as necessary.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all! I make a backup of your ipad on the computer since July 2014. And then easily restore all the data Capture, if I need to send for processing any kind of old model. Haven't you ever done this with your computer?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Tomorrow I'll send you a link to the video where will all the data recovery process. Wait!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Max_Sodomovskiy That's great. I would to know that there is an easy and fast way to do backup other than as I have described.

This topic has been posted multiple times and no one has (yet) posted any way to do backup (that can be restored).

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Hello everyone! This is the first part of the video. In this part I make a backup of your ipad on the computer and started restoring my computer. Since I did a backup recently, this copy was created quickly. This is usually 30-40 minutes. My iPad 16 GB. I stopped the video, because until the backup over 30 minutes. Sorry for no comments. I don't speak English.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The second part. The end of the restore the iPad. I restored a copy that was made in October.
Post 12 IP   flag post
[youtube]
I need a copy of 19 January. Now I recovered iPadfrom a copy of the on 19 January.
Post 13 IP   flag post
2 part
Post 14 IP   flag post
My iPad 16 GB. Create and restore copies takes about 30-40 minutes. Increase the time to create and restore backups, if you have 32, 64, 128 gigabytes in 2, 4, 6 times.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks @max_sodomovskiy for taking the time to put together that video. I would just add that it would be a good idea to take a screengrab of Capture for each backup so you can see which scans are in which backup if you have to go back later to find some.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hello! Well, somebody did it? Confirm that I am right!
Post 17 IP   flag post
101425 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?