Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearOculusVirtual Reality

2016 will be an explosive VR year1125

davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Now that the Oculus Rift Glasses are commercially available at Under $200 Canadian

"It was clear to me then that VR is going to work, if people get a chance to wear it. The experience is just too palpable, and straightforwardly immersive, to fail.

But at that moment I noticed something else, too. Everyone else in the room, even those who had not tried the headset yet, or seemed uninterested, or were busy doing something useful like cooking a turkey, was smiling. Watching someone try VR, I noticed, is fun -- people in VR headsets look silly, but they smile, and laugh, and wave their hands. You talk to them, and they talk back -- they describe where they are, and you ask questions. Playing with VR at home is participatory and engaging, not isolating or scary."

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-12/28/virtual-reality-christmas-2015

Make no mistake Google's Investment [and ours] in Matterport Technology is perfect for this HI Tech Generation.
Post 1 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
We'll see. I think there is definitely a wave to ride and I'm working super hard putting systems in place to be as efficient and customer focused as possible.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jessetutt private msg quote post Address this user
I agree VR is gaining a lot of traction. There are also many more Matterport providers (more than ever before) which is great...and also challenging as this dilutes revenue for existing providers.

The main challenges for VR is the lack of access to the VR devices and secondly the fact that almost half of the people I tested the solution with felt nauseous.

Regarding Matterport, I wonder if they will release a new device to resolve the current challenges:
-the solution has low photo quality (2MP vs. 18MP) requiring you to invest in a secondary camera, which could be resolved with higher quality cameras
-we can't shoot in direct sunlight, so you can't go outside. This could be resolved by adding a capability to scan outside the 3d model
-the floor plans at times are not as precise as is needed as homes go to the outside wall which could be 4", 6", or 8" inches depending on the materials used which you can't gage based on a model of the inside of the building.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101641 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?