Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Bridal Event Marketing 3D/VR Pro and Realtor1044

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a thought-starter based on a call I received today (8 December 2015) from a We Get Around prospective Realtor client. Our first meeting was in July 2015.

Big Picture

The Realtor has a booth at a Bridal Show. He wants to market to brides because the bride and groom either have a house to sell between them or they are planning to buy a house together.

The Ask

The Realtor wanted some "eye candy" to help attract brides into his booth at the Bridal Show, and to offer something different to differentiate his business to have a competitive advantage. He loves new tech and he loved our VR demo.

So, he asked me, "would you me me your VR setup for this show?"

Instead of simply loaning him my VR gear for a demo, here's what I suggested (much more than he asked for and he LOVED) ...

We Get Around Provides

1. We Get Around WalkAround™ VR demo powered by Matterport
2. 32” flat screen TV on a pedal (goes on your table top); DVD player and VR video on DVD (loop)
3. power strip and extension cord
4. Me to do the VR (and 3D demos) let the Realtor focus on lead generation

Realtor Provides

1. the kiosk/table/booth
2. power for TV and DVD player
3. an exhibitor pass for me

He was thrilled, that I offered to do the VR demos AND provide the TV with the We Get Around WalkAround VR demo (loop)

Everyone is happy.

Seems like 1 + 1 = 102

If you do not have a Gear VR + Samsung Smartphone + your VR example to demo, get it. It's great eye-candy to help power conversations like this. That said, I'm sure the Realtor would have been happy with a 3D Showcase demo on an iPad.

Other ways that Photographers can collaborate with Realtors to help create value for each other?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Nice idea! Do you think there might be demand for this kind of setups, maybe using one or more projectors instead of TVs, to complement the VR demo? Thanks!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
It works. I had scanned a wedding reception venue for a client. A few weeks later she called. She said someone at a wedding show had cancelled and she got the spot. She was totally unprepared and had a table that was it. She put the scan on two iPads and had her employees showing it to the attendees. She said they had a crowd gathered and everyone was in awe! She set up 2 new clients.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

Yes! Projector solution is interesting. Please do it and let us know how it goes ... For clarification, I am looping a video on the screen: not simulcasting.

@DaveFahrny

Fantastic! Now imagine that you offered to help staff and demo. Perhaps that 2 new clients would have been a bigger number (and you get less push-back on price)

Anyone else either doing something similar or like / dislike the idea (and why)?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Hmph. Pretty smart, actually. Those brides will never forget that booth...and I don't care how many booths there are!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101646 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?