Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingReal Estate

Interesting YouTube 360º view presentation1037

davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user

Interesting home tour that places the Speaker inside the home tour one room at a time

Interesting....
http://www.openhouse.tours/
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@davidpylyp

Thanks for sharing this 360º spherical YouTube video so we can see an example of a Realtor using this solution.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great. I was looking at offering this style video integrated into a tour. When you walk into a room, instead of a panoramic shot you have a 360 video with the Realtor acting like a virtual guide telling you about the features
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
It's kind of cool with the host curating the tour, but I want to click on the image to be transported to other parts of the house like a Matterport scan and it won't let me.

I prefer the 3D Showcase.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
Distortion is a killer.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
There are several 360 video cameras which would allow you to shoot this with the audio for very little money. It's a very effective way to do a pano tour (PT) for very cheap, especially if it's being hosted by YouTube.
Post 6 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
But HOW do I move room to room to see what interests me; I am trapped in the space till [he] relocates.

Matterport is so superior to other Patched and cobbled video systems.
Post 7 IP   flag post
OpenDotTours private msg quote post Address this user
Saw traffic from this link to my website and thought I'd check it out. I'm a little familiar with MatterPort and did some research into it. The video I did was with a realtor friend and a complete proof-of-concept that I could do it. It's actually a hybrid of my spherical photography using my DSLR mixed with live video using a 6-gopro camera rig and stitched with Autopano Video.

I like the Matterport technology but compared to my virtual reality tours (not videos) it seems to low resolution. See one of my virtual reality tours here http://908Streamview.OpenHouse.Tours
Not only can you zoom in to see great detail, you can also use your phone to look at that link and use the phones gyroscopic feature to pan and tilt. I also host all of my own work, design the tours specific to realtors and even offer non-branded tours which is required for MLS. You can see an example of a good MLS listing tour I did here.
http://950cgreenspringsrd.openhouse.tours/mls

I plan to do a larger more exciting home with my VR Video technology. The one I did was with a realtor friend who didn't mind being my guinea pig. I only started doing this in October so I've come a long way since.

So with the Matterport technology I'm a fan of the idea, even for the lower resolution it still captures a view of the entire home space like nothing else. I would even love to offer it as a package, but I don't want to invest that kind of money as of yet. I'm also concerned about the proprietary hosting, proprietary player and the limitation of not capturing a full 360x180 sphere. With VR headsets coming out, I already have the capability of popping a button on my tours that let you view the tour in stereoscopic VR mode and supports the gyroscopic feature of VR headsets. Thus when you look straight up or down you can truly look straight up or down.

I'll be keeping an eye on Matterport though and certainly won't count it out going forward. Thanks for checking out my work!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?