Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearObject FileOculusSamsungVirtual Reality

Matterport+Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus101

Pjhenville private msg quote post Address this user
I think VR is the future for Matterpot,
It's a Darwinian view of things evolving.
I just don't believe it has a future as it stands with out VR being in the forfront of its development and marketing strategy, it's the most exiting area for tommorows home entartainment and media markets,it certainly has the wow!! factor to get the attention of a wider audience.
Augmented reality along with VR is close to becoming available to the masses and proves to be a very exiting area for future applications. There's going to be a huge surge in interest over the next couple of years, Matterport are well placed to develop there name in VR.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Matterports future with VR? Is There going to be any advantage using their hardware in the future and whats Being developed witin the company to remain interesting for profesionals?
Post 27 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
The only current advantage is Matterport makes capturing and producing immersive VR tours very easy. That's not to say that another camera will not come along and do the same thing. As we all know technology is constantly changing and improving and at the same time getting cheaper.
Post 28 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I think in the future we will be able to create and view experiences all on our mobile devices.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport CEO Bill Brown demos 3D Showcase on Gear VR powered by Oculus (at Inman Connect 2015 in NYC). VR Demo begins at 2:35 into the video. (More Info: Matterport + VR) This Matterport + VR solution will be rolled out in 2015. Today (2 February 2015), this experience is only possible with three 3D Showcase models.
Post 30 IP   flag post

LOL @ Matterhorn title, so many people make that mistake.

Side note, I bought Note 4 & Gear VR today!
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm impressed and exited about this
Post 32 IP   flag post
pthor private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday they released a small Unity template to convert matterport model to unity model in a simple way. A very good start.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Vincentlublink private msg quote post Address this user
Pthor, can you explain more and where to get and how that works...
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Best Buy will let you try Samsung's Gear VR in stores on February 8th http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/07/best-buy-gear-vr-retail-demo/?ncid=rss_truncated
Post 35 IP   flag post
pthor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincentlublink
Pthor, can you explain more and where to get and how that works...

There is a Unity3D game engine package that can be used for importing the .obj-files. After that if you've got the skill you can apply differen th strategies to visualize the model.
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Oculus Rift Consumer Version Release Date REVEALED By OVR Founder Palmer Lucky To Be On Winter 2015? Expected Launch… http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/74647/20150216/oculus-rift-consumer-version-release-date-revealed.htm
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Engadget 17 February 2015) Apple explores headsets that turn your iPhone into a VR display http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/17/apple-iphone-vr-headset-patent/
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Facebook says it’s developing its own apps for Oculus http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/18/facebook-says-its-developing-its-own-apps-for-oculus/
Post 39 IP   flag post
I've been sharing the demos along with other VR experiences with people at networking functions, they're all very excited by all of the possibilities.
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
http://uploadvr.com/analysts-predict-there-will-be-11-million-vr-users-by-2016/
Post 41 IP   flag post
Mat private msg quote post Address this user
So do we know when we will be able to convert our Models into a model that can be used by the Rift or Gear VR?

How is everyone doing this now? @Tim I see that you are already showing Demo's of this. Are you using the xBox controller to Navigate? How does it work?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Yes mate we are, well...need a decent laptop and a bit of know how as it is obviously a development kit but it is possible. Have you got a DK2?
Post 43 IP   flag post
I haven't got the DK2 yet. I am wondering if it's best to get that or the gear. I am thinking the DK2 would be the best option.

How do you go about converting the file for use with DK2? And when you navigate with the controller, does it create the green dots to focus on or still the sweeps?
Post 44 IP   flag post
I would say if you are serious its best to have both. Given that at present the easiest way to showcase your content for VR is via the Rift, it's a handy demo tool. Matterport provide this https://matterport.freshdesk.com/support/articles/1000065769--matterport-to-oculus-rift-conversion-process as a starting point but there is a fair bit more to it to have them working at their best. To get an idea of how you will navigate the model in the rift go to the "mesh" view in the workshop mode of any particular model. You move freely within the space with a controller (no dots). Just be aware of "black" spots and edges of models as you can fall into a never ending abyss...
Post 45 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Reminds me of no clipping mode in some of those old first person shooting games
Post 46 IP   flag post
Haha, there's gotta be a market in making simple games for people to play in their own home...imagine playing COD Zombies in your living room...in your living room.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I know. I send the obj to a game developer a few months ago with the same idea. It's a work in progress.
Cod zombies from a scan of your local shopping mall. Dawn of the dead 3
Post 48 IP   flag post
Thanks Tim. Good points and insightful as usual
Post 49 IP   flag post
No worries mate, feel free to contact us if you need any help once you take the plunge into development with Unity Pro. There is a free trial available that will allow you to build your models for 30 days...my advice is don't do this until you get a DK2 so you can maximise your trial and see if it's for you or something you might outsource. We can certainly help on an ongoing basis in future if that's the way you look to go.
Post 50 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Virtual reality’s third front (after #3D video and gaming) is an interactive, social metaverse. Remember Second Life? http://t.co/szWQh5ox0s
Post 51 IP   flag post
A virtual realestate agency
Post 52 IP   flag post
The Matrix...
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
USATODAY gives kudos to the awesome GearVR user experience with a movie theater demo http://t.co/YXjiEh00cq
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The DeanBeat: The promise and the peril of virtual reality http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/27/the-deanbeat-the-promise-and-the-peril-of-virtual-reality/

(About gear VR)
Post 55 IP   flag post
101436 75 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?