Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET)
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 675 Unique Visitors
9,063 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,047 Page Views | 18,981 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVMosaicQuestions

Does doing a Matterport for a business update their Google Street View?19738

Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
I have a hair salon client that has a street view that is 4 years old and they want to update their new look. Can it be done this way seeing the google car wont be out for a year or two.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain hey Glenn! Yes, I believe when you upload the newest iteration of the 3D tour it will be the one that dominates. Those 360 images will appear ahead of the older files. If the current tour s. Uploader would be able to delete those image files from their local guide account. I think that will offset any confusion as the newer files will take over. Pretty sure bro. All of my Google 3D tours have been through Matterport. Works like a charm!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@GETMYVR thanks but will it replace the outside shot when someone searches for ABC salon? does it replace that outside 360?

pretend the front has the old business showing and they want the remodeled new business to show and if they have to buy a matterport of the inside of the salon they will but it has to erase old.

Thanks for your quick response
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain - If the outside of the shop, literally the "street view" is old, uploading a Matterport to Google will have no effect on the "street view". If you include a scan of the outside, such as a sidewalk view, this still will not likely appear to GSV users who simply move down the street.

Trickiest part of GSV shooting is getting your panos, regardless of whether they are Matterport or individual shots such as Theta Z1 or Insta360 cameras, to "connect" with Google's path down the street. And especially challenging (if even possible) is to shoot new panos IN THE STREET to have them added in place of Google's last driving car that passed by years ago. Your question is a good one. I'll look into it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@GlennTremain it very well could! But there are some caveats in it up to Google ultimately . So if you want the exterior image as the dominant start point then set that as the start in your Matterport tour. I'm doing my best to start the tour in the center of the road, working my way in towards the door and then inside the business. I always pray the sun is not out because I'm using a pro 2. But if you start from the center of the road where the blue line is and work your way in Google says it's supposed to work. And it's actually a hard guarantee to offer anybody yet I think. For me, the most important part is what's inside.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@Home3D All true, You can't augment published material that Google has on maps. But I think when you do a current 3D shoot of the property and you start from the Blue line in the center of the road, It's possible that the Google algorithms could pick that up once you look towards the building. Show you that shot. But it's up to Google right.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
all they care about is when you google their business and the 360 that shows up there. thoughts?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@GlennTremain well I can tell you almost 100%, that after you take a very good exterior image of the property or business up close... And upload that to the business on Google maps as a local guide... That could be the image most people will see. In your case, the updated exterior remote or whatever . Google wants extremely accurate upddated information on exterior views. But your client has to remember it's entirely up to the Google algorithm. No amount of money can influence that or technology experience. You just got to work through it. And you always want to allow 14 to 30 days for everything to reconcile.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@GETMYVR @HOME3D great input from both of you. I'll give them an assurance but not a guarantee and advise them of all the things that affect it but them show them the benefits of having a 3D walkthrough (with mattertags, pdfs,video, etc.). Thanks again
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain To do what your client wants you need to drive through the part of the street where your client is located, record it as a 360 video with a location track data and then publish it through a specific camera software or Google Street View Studio. It will create a new blue line. It will supersede Google capture and become a default one shown to any map user only if it is a better quality as the current default blue line.

If their street view is 1-3 years old I am afraid you need a really great camera like Mosaic X.

I do not know its price in USD but in AUD its close to $55000. You can probably rent it for a day for under $400 but you will still need software to process it and publish which won't be free. I believe Mosaic brand using Mistica VR for stitching video from each of the camera lens. I do not know what software they have for publishing it to Maps though.

If their capture 3-7 years old you may have success doing it with a Pilot Era but there is still no guarantee that Google will consider it the better quality than theirs and show it by default. And even if they do their car will go after your publishing and yours will be overwritten as a default one.

At least with a Pilot Era it is cheap and software is already in the camera.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@Wingman great Idea
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
262-WGAN-TV on Location: Geo Week 2024 in Denver | Taking a Spin with Mosaic X Mobile Mapping 360º Camera | Guest: Mosaic Mobile Mapping Solutions Architect Dylan Faraone | Sunday, 11 February 2024 | Episode #262

Mosaic X Mobile Mapping 360º Camera | Image courtesy of Mosaic

Geo Week 2024 in Denver (Colorado Convention Center) 11-13 February 2024 | Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of MatterFix.io Founder Mike Vorce (@MatterFix)

Above from this WGAN Forum post:

WGAN-TV on Location at Geo Week 2024 in Denver: Taking a Spin with Mosaic X Mobile Mapping 360º Camera

Below from this WGAN Forum post:

WGAN-TV | Mosaic Co-Founder Jeffrey Martin Shows Mobile Mapping Camera

Video: 265-WGAN-TV | Mosaic Co-Founder Jeffrey Martin at Geo Week 2024 Shows Mobile Mapping Camera | 12 February 2024 | Episode #265
Post 12 IP   flag post
101851 12 12